What is a house concert? Well according to Wikipedia it’s a cover-up for illicit sex parties… That is NOT what I am doing.
House shows can a be a much cheaper and fun alternative to concerts at traditional venues. Just imagine your favorite artist stepping down off the stage, coming to your house, and playing in your living room for all your close friends. Well that’s what I’m going for! They are easy to set up and make for a more intimate performance that breaks the ice between artist and audience. After the show rather than being whisked away in a tour bus and on to the next city, the artist has time to mingle, take pictures, and tell embarrassing stories.
So if you want me to come to your house and put on a private show (not that kind, Wikipedia) then here are my essential needs:
- 10 guests minimum and a suggested donation of $5 per person. (This is to help cover your expenses, not mine.)
- Enough space for your guests with comfortable seating.
- A space for me to play with adequate light. It’s just me so roughly 4′ x 4′ will provide plenty of space.
- I don’t need a mic. I am really loud.
- Food & Drink – Not required, but encourage your guests to bring snacks to share! And a little beer is always a good idea.
- For shows more than 3 hours away from our next destination, we may need a place to stay for the night.